So….This is me
Things you can see
- I work as an administrative assistant at a university. It’s a pretty great job.
- I married this hunka burnin’ love below—a concoction of bad, good, and other characteristics I didn’t know I wanted until I wanted him.
- I’m a mom, and that’s okay. I didn’t know it would be okay until I had an amazing kid who loves to wear a cape and sing “Born to Run” by Bruce Springsteen while playing a ukulele. Now I have two crazy amazing kids, and I couldn’t be more pleased.
- I love a flea market. Or a thrift store. I’m addicted to the potential of finding treasure.
- I am no longer obsessed with making things out of pallet wood. I don’t really know what’s so special about pallet wood versus regular wood, like the enormous amount of sanding required imbues it with magic. Lies. All lies.
- Jewelry making is a hobby of mine. Wearing homemade earrings as I type this.
- I like reading, movies, painting, story stringing, playing in the yard, games… I love aquariums and zoos. Oh! And I will go to any type of Festival—Craft, Pecan, Watermelon, Ye Ole Days…
Things you can’t see:
- I have an uncontrollable urge to polish diamonds in the rough. Sand it down, get some paint, pick out fabric, choose a stain…
- I call myself a realistic optimist. I aim toward the best possible outcome of a situation, but it doesn’t escape my peripheral vision that there are other ways life can go. I prepare for the poopy outcome, but I hope for something more.
- I’m grateful for the ridiculously wonderful people who make up my relationships.
- I want my hands challenged at whatever they find to do—write, hold, craft, build…
- I’m in a constant state of evaluating and restructuring. I can always be better than I am, and I feel the most confident and at peace with myself when I’m reaching for something beyond my current grasp.